Giuseppe Raccaro was born in 1928 and decided to leave the Valli del Natisone because he was looking for more productive and less ungrateful places. He found the serenity he was looking for in an old farm at the foot of Monte Quarin, near Santa Maria or Apollonia Church, a perfect area with soft slopes and a gentle microclimate.
As it was common back in the day, he took turns working in his barn, vineyard and orchard. After the war Mario Raccardo was able to give a new impulse to the company, taking the chance offered by the new born Consorzio di tutela dei Vini del Collio.
Thus, in 1970, he chose with an happy intuition a vinicultural specialization, that has known in the ‘80s a definite push in terms of quality and image thanks to the work of Dario, the son, who has been able, with the help of his sons Paolo and Luca, to bring the company to a prestigious level in the small and medium family organizations in the vinicultural field of the territory after renewing and renovating the headquarters as well as the winery, providing them with the newest enological technologies.
Today, the Raccaro company has a vineyard with an extension of 7 hectares in the area around the headquarters at the base of the slope of the Quarin mount. It is in this ideal habitat for the vine that the founder’s traditions were resumed with the same original passion, thus maintaining a native ampelographic historical heritage.